Doubt, contrary to popular opinion is useful. Leaders with doubts are wiser than those with none. Doubt asks, “What could go wrong?” Self-doubt says, “I could be wrong.”
Only fools have no doubts.
Don’t feel bad if you have doubts. Confidence without doubt destroys leaders and organizations.
Confidence without doubt:
- Closes ears.
- Minimizes obstacles
- Ignores problems.
- Sets unrealistic goals.
- Knows without investigation.
- Refuses to reconsider.
- Sacrifices people for achievement.
- Takes offense at being challenged.
- Rejects options.
- Doesn’t have a track record.
Bonus: Confidence without doubt, like a two year old, wants its own way.
Confidence without doubt is:
- The result of dreaming without work.
Over-confidence believes declaring goals is the same as achieving goals.
- Listens. Leaders, who aren’t sure, search for certainty by inviting input.
- Prepares. Doubt, combined with drive to achieve, opens minds and motivates work. Doubters know noble goals aren’t magically attained. Fear…
View original post 125 more words